The 2020 New Zealand eHealth hot top 20
One topic dominated the 2020 year in eHealth, coming as no surprise to anyone. COVID-19 and the IT solutions to help deal with it featured in the majority of our top stories for the year, from the Covid Tracer app to the CovidCard, telehealth solutions and remote monitoring, COVID data repositories to dashboards.
Our top story however was about HISO's interoperability roadmap for New Zealand, which specifies HL7's FHIR as the main standard underpinning an API-based architecture. New Zealand is heading down a FHIR road, with its national Health Information Platform (nHIP) also being envisaged as an API ecosystem of services and data.
The market-leading practice management system vendor Medtech was also in the news, first for its sale to a private equity firm and new management, and then for its big plans to develop an API layer for third-party vendors to integrate with.
Patient-reported outcome measures were of interest, as was the Simpson health system review. Some interesting implementations of new technology rounded off the year.
- New Zealand sets out its roadmap to interoperability
- Private equity firm buys Medtech Global; ManageMyHealth spun out
- ManageMyHealth adds PROMs functionality to telemedicine platform
- NZ releases Âwhina app for up-to-date COVID-19 information for health sector
- New Zealand to trial Bluetooth-enabled CovidCard in community
- Swift uptake of eOrders during lockdown in Nelson Marlborough
- Orion Health building national algorithm hub for New Zealand
- New Zealand builds national clinical data repository for COVID-19 test reports
- NZ Health Minister resigns after series of blunders
- ePharmacy goes live throughout the South Island
- Breast Cancer Foundation to pilot PROMs program at Waikato DHB
- NZ sees drop in telehealth volume as general practice emerges from lockdown
- NZ health system review calls for restructure of DHBs, PHOs, national agencies
- NZ health sector to phase out analogue fax machines by end of 2020
- Spritely to trial age-friendly remote patient monitoring for COVID-19 screening
- Southern DHB rolls out cloud transcription system under COVID-19 pressure
- Orion Health to release pandemic outbreak monitoring platform for COVID-19
- Medtech launches FHIR-enabled interoperability program for third-party apps
- Cortex mobile app to roll out to emergency at Canterbury DHB
- New Zealand releases QR scan contact tracing app for COVID-19
Posted in New Zealand eHealth