The 2021 New Zealand eHealth hot top 10
It was the cybersecurity scare at Waikato DHB that dominated our most-read articles for the year, and the incident continued to make headlines in the following weeks and months. The saga of the build and roll out of the National Immunisation Solution was also top of mind, as was the controversy that followed it.
Medtech’s brand new Application Layer EXchange (ALEX) platform was also keenly watched as more vendors signed on. Medtech’s huge footprint in primary care in New Zealand means people sit up and take notice when it rolls out something as new – and potentially revolutionary – as this FHIR-based initiative, and our readership figures proved pertinent.
It may be still in its planning stages but the new Dunedin Hospital is a big topic of interest. In a city that hosts one of the finest medical schools in the Southern Hemisphere, aiming for HIMSS Level 6 is a good start.
Rounding out the top 10 were the Midland DHBs’ plans for a new medication management system, Auckland’s Your Health Summary and Medtech’s purchase of Dr Info.
- Cyber security incident takes down Waikato DHB’s IT systems
- New Zealand ready to roll with National Immunisation Solution
- Orion Health calls for audit of MoH procurement of $38m immunisation platform
- Medtech up and running in production with FHIR-based ALEX interop platform
- Southern DHB aiming for HIMSS Level 6 with new Dunedin Hospital
- Medtech buys population health and audit tool developer DrInfo
- Midland DHBs to roll out Better Meds cloud-hosted medication management system
- ProCare signs interoperability agreement with Medtech for ALEX integration
- Auckland’s Your Health Summary now up to 450,000 records
- Virtual health provider Tend raises $15m, looks to buy general practices
Posted in New Zealand eHealth