Call for abstracts for health information management conference
The Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA) has issued a call for abstracts for its national conference in October, being held in association with the University of Sydney's National Centre for Classification in Health (NCCH).
Being held in Sydney from October 27 to 29, this year's conference will be attended by members of the council of the International Federation of HIM Associations (IFHIMA).
The theme of the conference is Diversify, Innovate and Transform. It will offer streams in health information management, clinical coding, and health classification, costing and funding.
Program themes include:
- eHealth – eHealth and EMR challenges and opportunities
- Funding – the latest news on activity-based funding and other casemix and costing work
- Performance reporting and analytics – to improve performance, transparency and accountability
- Management – addressing human resource issues and change management
- Medico-legal issues – privacy principles and policies, documentation
- Research – building on last year’s workshop and keynote presentations
- International perspectives – including speakers from IFHIMA
- Workforce – training, professional pathways and positioning the profession.
The deadline for abstracts is March 30, for any of four different presentation formats: papers, practice bytes, posters and workshops. Guidelines for submissions are available from the HIMAA website (PDF).
Professional development points will be available for certified health information managers or practitioners attending or presenting.
For more information, email [email protected].
Posted in Australian eHealth