COVID-19, telehealth and Epic's electronic medical record dominated the list of most-read stories on Pulse+IT this year, with news about private equity buyouts of health IT vendors and a troubled project in Queensland that has been put out of its misery also making the list.
The technology resources for COVID-19 that we ran earlier in the year had the most hits, but the top single story for the year was the news that a private equity firm had put in a $503 million bid for ASX-listed The Citadel Group, which owns the Evolution laboratory information system, previously known as Auslab, along with Charm's oncology solution.
The news that DXC's portfolio of health IT solutions including patient administration, electronic medication management, clinical documentation and pharmacy systems had been sold to a European clinical IT firm for $US525m came a close second.
Thereafter it was all about COVID and telehealth, with articles by Margaret Faux, Heather Grain and Andrew Baird proving very topical. There was a lot of interest in how IT was being deployed to help with the pandemic in the acute care sector, along with MBS item numbers for GP telehealth.
Epic's implementation in the Parkville precinct and its proposed implementation by ACT Health were also of interest.
1. Private equity firm to buy Auslab owner Citadel Group for $503m
2. DXC sells healthcare software business to European clinical IT firm Dedalus
3. Opinion: telehealth is not quite the colt from old Regret but it sure as hell has got away
4. Why are Australian GPs doing relatively few video consultations?
5. Parkville precinct goes live with Epic EMR
6. Hunt agrees to restrict MBS funding for telehealth to usual GP or practice
7. Microsoft to roll out Cloud for Healthcare, integrating Teams with EMRs
8. ACT Health makes Epic choice for $151m digital health record
9. Australia to expand Medicare-funded telehealth to all patients
10. RPA ramps up virtual hospital service for COVID-19
11. NSW Health on the market for statewide single digital patient record
12. Royal Melbourne harnesses REDCap for home monitoring during COVID-19
13. Northern Beaches Hospital takes patient-centric approach to eMeds roll-out
14. Best Practice users can pre-screen patients for COVID-19 with BetterConsult
15. How Australia's largest hospital and health service has responded to COVID-19
16. Telehealth, telephone triage being planned for potential pandemic clinics: CMO
17. “Use Skype advisedly”: practices urged to use standards-based telehealth platforms
18. NSW Health developing new virtual care strategy for post-COVID-19 healthcare
19. How to go live with a $124m EMR in three hospitals in the middle of a pandemic
20. Queensland Health cancels $64m lab system replacement project